Saturday, April 28, 2007

Finally Decided Where to Move


Hello, how are you everyone?
This blog has been quiet for a while. It's only been a week since our class was over, but I feel like it's more than a week. I guess it's because, for the whole semester, the class really kept me busy and took the large part of my daily life.

Anyway, I had a busy week with house searching, and last Thurday, we finally made a contract. I'll be moving to Hoboken, New Jersey, 10 minutes path from 34th St. of Manhattan. Well, it's kind of sad that I have to leave Manhattan, but I can't afford to 2 bedroom apartment in Manhattan. That's the reality. I still have one more month to live here in the city, so I'm going to make the most of it. Now my biggest worry - "I'll be kicked out of my home, and there's no place to go." - was gone. I feel much relieved. :)

When is our book club going to be? Next Friday works for everyone?

2 comments:

Pilar said...

Hi Sue!!! How are you? Good news!!! Was it difficult to find the apartment? Did you look for it on the internet or you found it through a broker? I want to know.
Hope to see you soon! How's the baby?

Sue said...

Hey, Pilar! I'm very well. Are you doing ok as well? I think now you are having a pretty showing belly.

We hired a broker specialized in Hoboken area. You can always look for some internet sites such as Craigs list, but they don't have many listings for New Jersey. But for Manhattan, such websites are definitely the way to find a place without paying any fee. We contacted a broker because we didn't want places in big management rental property buidlings, in which you can have nice facilities as well as pleasant home, yet it costs. (To rent those properties, you can just walk into the leasing office.)Through a broker, you will get listings in a condo building or a nice small buidling, which you don't hardly know how to reach without a broker. And usually monthly rent would be cheaper than those for any management rental properties.