Thursday, March 29, 2007

Book Club Today

Yoko, Pilar, Sandra and I had such a great time together. We went to the Max Cafe, and had a very intellectual, profound conversation about our first story "NippleJejus by Nick Hornby" ...... for about 10 minutes. For the rest of time, our conversation focused more on other very important issues such as "How we met our significant other" and things like that.
Well, Pilar and I didn't read the story today, so we found it kind of hard to discuss. However, it was definitely a nice time to get to know each other better. I realized that I've always longed for time only for our private chat freed from a class assignment. I truly look forward to next book club. I promise that I'll be prepared for it. When is it going to be? I hope more people could join next time.

Do we continue to read the same book? Or would it be a different book?

4 comments:

sandra said...

I also had a great time!!! to read the same book but different story would be easier but we can also change...whatever we decide about the reading I definetely think we should continue our book club even if it is only for the chatting that was soooo much fun!!!!

yoko said...

Yes, I enjoyed chatting at the cafe.
Sue, I post the story for next Book Club from Speaking with the Angel.

The words from Nipple Jesus

Nutter
tosser
geezer

These words are new to me.

tarpey said...

I'm sorry to have missed the book club this week! I'll definitely try to come next week; it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Yoko, would you mind giving the definitions for those words, for everyone who didn't get to read the story yet? I'm not even sure what the first one means! :)

yoko said...

Tara, Here are definitions of words. They are British slang.

Nutter---n. a bit crazy/mad, lunatic, Idiot.

Tosser---(toss means nonsense & an act of masturbation)
tosser means a wanker, a stupid person, contemptible person.

Geezer...n. General term for man, sometime more specific qualities of the man, such as a diamond geezer (rich man)a dodgy geezer(a suspicious man). also spelt geeza.

I googled at British dictionary site.