Thursday, March 8, 2007

Meatloaf, Girls!!


Hi, Girls;

When I came back home today I'm so hungry and I made this!! it's meatloaf, an American food.
Everybody can make it: as easy as
Banana Loaf of Madga.


Try it.
Receipt is below;
You need


Ground meats (beef/ park/ veal) 1 1/4 lbs.
Onion chopped 1/4 cup
Fresh parsley chopped 1/4 cup
Carrot shred 1/4 cup
Cheddar cheese shredder 1/4 cup
All-purpose flour 2 tbs.
Dry bread crumbs 1/4 cup
Worcestershire sauce or Soy sauce 1-2 tbs.
One egg beaten (Jumbo egg 1 or Large egg 2)
Milk or Sour cream 2 tbs.
Oil (such as extra virgin olive, canola is better)

Seasoning; Salt, Fresh Ground Black Pepper, Garlic powder, Herbs De Provence or Canadian Seasoning(if you don't have these spices, you can use allspice, thyme, rosemary, sage,fennel, savory, tarragon, as your desire)

Medium size casserole( mine is oval about 2-3 servings)

Cooking:
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl add all ingredients except egg, milk& spices. Mix well toghether. Add spices, milk and egg. Place in a casserole lightly coated with olive oil. Bake about 1 1/4 hours in the oven.
While you baking loaf you can make some of vegetables, such as mashed potatoes, green peas, cauliflowers(this is your side dish).

The meatloaf is done, you can wait for about 5-7 minutes and serve at the table.
It goes good with red wine or beer.
Enjoy your meal!!!



P.S.
If you left the meal, it would go better taste next day. You can cook double in weekend and save for tomorrow.
It is not necessary to use salt because of cheese and Worcestershire sauce already having salt.

4 comments:

tarpey said...

That's great, Yoko! Thanks for sharing this. Is that a picture of what you actually made this afternoon?

yoko said...

Yes, Tara.
I ordered the book "Speaking with Angel"through Amazon this morning. $0.01 & shipment $ 3.49.
It will be shipping by next Wednesday, so I'm going to receive soon. I hope its coming by next weekend.

Pilar said...

Come on Magda, don't do this to me!! This last time I am a sort of Mrs Pac-man, I can't stop eating!! I need help!! My jeans don't fit me any longer, I will soon be a big balloon. So...no more recipes unless there are low fat or fat free ones!!

MAGDA said...

My host mom makes it from time to time. It's really good and actually simple...

Pilar, it wasn't me this time. Blame Yoko:P