Sunday, February 11, 2007

Volunteering

Last Thursday, I had a pretty busy day. After CEP class in the morning, I rushed to the United Nations Headquaters. I had an interview scheduled for a volunteer job that I applied before.

Even though I was a bit nervous, the inverview went pretty well fortunately. And then, I got a great news from them. They said YES! After almost 2-hour interview, I felt totally exhausted, but at the moment I heard the news, I even felt like I could fly. I can hardly explain how much I got excited. I have long wished that I would be a part of work that the UN and its related organizations do.

I am going to work for an NGO within the United Nations system. It's starting from Monday, and it's a part-time volunteer so that it won't conflict with CEP class hour. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Skye said...

That's really exciting news! I hope your first day goes well for you...

Pilar said...

Good news and well done!!! Congratulations!!

yoko said...

Congratulations!! Sue.
by the way, what NGO stands for?